Monday, March 16, 2015

March 9, 2015



HOLA

So this week has been NUTS!!!! i got transferred to Chihuahua city and I'm in an are called Cumbres. I'm a district leader and I'm actually training a new guy! his name is Elder Garcia! that's original! haha jk well he is from Mexico city and is 19. he is a cool Smart kid that wants to work super hard which is really good. so I'm having lots of fun with that. this area is like super big and has lots of potential. It is an area that has been neglected, but that's okay cause we are working hard to get it back up! my new district is comprised of me and my comp, the zone leaders and two sister missionaries. so the dynamic is kinda crazy but its cool. i just never have been much for talking to the sister missionaries the entire misión so its kinda weird, but I'm good now. i just try and imagine that they are Abbie and it makes it a little easier....i think haha.

Saturday was the greatest day of my life! haha. woke up, studied, went and worked a Little, then went to a baptism that the sisters had and i ended up baptizing the kid, his name is Gabriel, and then i went to lunch which was SUPER good. then i got a call during lunch from the misión president and he told me that the branch president from Saucillo called him and that he wanted me to attend Melina`s baptism that night, then he asked me "do you think you could make that work"....I'm like sure let me check my agenda......YUP!!! so then went from there to the buses to head to Saucillo. we get there and then jump into a truck where all the kids are in and they all just hugged me and went crazy then we got to the church and ALL the kids came and hugged me and were pulling my arms and legs and going crazy haha! it was the greatest thing ever! all of the primary and nena´s kids and melina´s kid and everything. then i saw Melina and was just so happy to se her and her daughter Kimberly. then i saw Nena......wait for it.....AND her daughter Zayra who i haven't seen since her baptism in December!! i had no idea she was going to be there. but it was the greatest surprise ever. we went and did the ordinance and everything was amazing. took pics and ate cake. then after i said goodbye my best friend Brian came and hung out with us and he bought us all hamburgers and stuff and it was just the greatest night ever. i love that kid. he reminds me so much of myself haha crazy dude. but I'm gonna miss all of them. we stayed the night there and came home early Sunday morning.

So now I'm gonna back track a Little to earlier that week in my new area. we went with this guy that has been being taught since august. his name is C. actually Elder Minquiz (my trainer) was in this area in august haha super weird. anywho this guy hasn't made any progress ever basically. he has never gone to church or done anything. but he is super cool in a weird way. anyway we go with him and we talk and chat and its all cool then i just listen to him talk for like 45 minutes straight. after some Little chit chat out of the blue he tells me that he wants to come to church with us on Sunday. i was like wow...okay. this guy is intense. he is a living miracle. he was shot at 8 times and 14 of the bullets hit him. so he lost is left leg and is in a wheelchair and lost a lot of use with his left arm. he was into some crazy stuff. he actually asked me about where I'm from and i said Utah, he laughed and was like yeah i was there for a while....but i was in a prison....i was like nice man haha. but he is a good guy. really has changed his life around and is looking for the truth. we went to get him and we went to church and i sat next to him. its a super different dynamic with him than it has been with any other investigator, but really fun. i just be 100% myself. he is a no bull crap kinda guy. he can just sense bull crap and when a person is being fake. and somehow i realized that instantly when i met him and so i get along well with him. i sat with him and we sang the hymns and then i answered all the questions he had. even though he whispered a lot of swear words to me and stuff i just could help but feel the spirit. and he did too. he basically told me "this **** is pretty cool man, i like it here. it feels **** good" haha idk why i just looked at him and saw something that i don't think anyone else in that room saw. he said he wants to keep coming and that he is going to see "meet the Mormons" this week. anyway he is actually dead according to the government because well....he died...and like came back to life or something.. so we are working on how we can get him baptized and stuff haha.

well that's all for this week! i hope you all have a fantastic week! Chao!

Love
Elder Glenn

me and my best friend Brian the night before transfers

Melina, Kimberly and luis (he is going to get baptized in the coming weeks!)

Nena, Zayra, me, Kimberly, and Melina. the moms are best friends and my favorite people ever. my Little family from mexico :)

Saucillo clan....with my new comp on the far right...

No comments:

Post a Comment