Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 30, 2014
Breaking News!!
so everyone can just calm down. THANK YOU first of all to everyone who fasted for me, i had no idea you all were going to do that, but apparently it did wonders because I'm good as new! so seriously thank you! now lets all calm down. ha ha seriously thank you all for your concern and prayers. helped me get all better. and i have some AWESOME news. so Monday night they called us and told me i had transfers....i was with the Rodriguez family when they told me and we were all just like...oh...okay...ha ha but i left and only cried for like 10 minutes and then packed my stuff and in the morning ran around my area saying goodbye to everyone. it was SO hard saying goodbye to Almancena, Parral. i spent the first 6 months of my mission there and i will never forget it. i love those people so incredibly much. my experiences there have changed my life forever.
 
so it was really hard leaving my first area, but i got to Chihuahua and saw my old comp/trainer and it was nothing but harassing each other, smiles, and laughs. i really do love that guy. as hard as it was being with him he is one of my greatest friends and taught me an incredible amount of valuable lessons. so i met my new comp. elder Mainasa. he is from Peru and has a year and a half in the mission. we are co-senior companions and are opening a brand new area! it's super challenging but I'm ready for it. we are basically starting from scratch, and my companion is super....patient....or timid...i don't really know to be honest. ha ha but he seriously reminds me SO MUCH of Nate Simpson its freaky. but he is super short, so that's different. we get along great. 
 
i got to go back to Parral on friday to see the Chavez family get baptized!!!! when i arrived the new zone leader there came up to me and told me "elder Glenn you left your area in an amazing condition" which was really cool because my objective was always to leave my area better than i found it, and i am full of gratitude because i was able to do that with the help of the Lord. i left that area with a bunch of baptism programmed for this coming month and a bunch of new investigatos. seriously going back there. wow. happiest day of my life! seriously. seeing the Rodriguez family at their baptism and seeing Susana, Christina, Felix, and Diana make this decision after having visited them since my FIRST day in Mexico.....words cannot describe how full my joy was. i have watched this family transform. the dad used to not even believe in God, the grandma has been catholic for 75 YEARS!!!! but they all received their answers and made this covenant with our heavenly father.  could talk about it for hours but it really was amazing. ill send some pictures next week because  i left my adapter at home.
 
so to leave you all with what has also made this week so fantastic i will tell you all of a talk i read by Ezra Taft Benson. it is called Beware of Pride. READ IT. it has 100% changed the way i look at everything and think about anything and do anything. it also made me realize how pride full i am and have been for SOOOOOOO long. if you want to make a significant change or impact on your own life please, i encourage you all to read this talk. another little thing that has made a HUGE change for me is something that was said in last general conference. "when we sin, we show that we love Satan more than we love Jesus Christ." and every time i think of disobeying mission rules or anything that little quote pops into my head and I'm like....uhhhhh i sure as heck DO NOT love Satan more than Jesus and i act accordingly. i hope that some of you can find some sort of inspiration in that talk or this little phrase.
 well i have to say that this really was one of, if not THE BEST week i have had here in the mission. i feel like i have grown a lot closer to the Lord spiritually and had the opportunity to step up and be a leader more because a lot of the missionaries in my new district are super burnt out. i love you all SO MUCH!  again thank you for your prayers, fasting, and concern. i hope you all have a fantastic week!
 
Love
Elder Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment