Monday, June 16, 2014

June 9, 2014
so i have been just working my tail off lately! loving this work and dying from this heat! holy crud its hot here. so real quick i just wanna talk about something that has been helping me out a ton. so i have always had this i guess pet peeve when teenage boys or guys my age refer to themselves as "men". idk why but it has always just bugged me so much especially when these kids just act like boys still. when they don't demonstrate respect for women or a million other things it just rubs me wrong. so i have never really referred to myself as a man because i don't want to come off with this appearance of thinking I'm better than i really am. and well i just know that i have a bunch of faults so i don't. well i was reading in 1 Corinthians 13:11 and it just really helped me out with this. a huge reason for why i initially wanted to serve a mission was to become a man. to put away childish things and become more like my dad and more like Christ. i have been praying and fasting and studying so much and setting goals and everything i know how to do to try and change myself and become a better man. now as i go throughout my day, before i make decisions i try and think "what would a real man do in this situation, or what would Christ do" and then i just try and forget about myself and do it. this has made such an incredible impact on me it blows me away. i can see the changes that it has made already. i have SUCH a long ways to go, but i this journey to perfection is a great one. its hard but it is SO WORTH IT. i hope someday soon i become a man. and i think that will come when people refer to me as a man haha. who knows. i love you all so much and i hope you all have an amazing week! that gospel is true and the book is blue!! well...my copy is black....but whatever. ¡¡¡les amo!!!
Elder Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment